Vet Advice & Consultation
What Happens at a Vet Consultation?
At a consultation, our vets will take a history of your pet, conduct a thorough physical examination, and discuss any of your current concerns with you as well as any other issues we identify.
As well as general check-ups, we can also provide behavioural consultations. At a behavioural consultation, our vets can also discuss your pet’s behaviour like anxiety issues.
During a physical exam, our vets will usually check the following:
- Coat and skin health: this is a great indicator to examine diet and other health factors. The coat should be shiny, not brittle and coarse, and the skin should be clean and not greasy and flaky.
- Ears – to check for infection
- Heart and lungs – to check respiration
- Abdomen – to check the bladder, liver and spleen
- Oral hygiene – your pet’s mouth can harbour infected gums, loose teeth, objects stuck between the teeth, tumours and all sorts of other surprises.
Annual Pet Health Check
- Parasite checks
- Heart checks
- Dental health
- Blood tests
- Weight checks